martes, 9 de marzo de 2010

Standing in the Shoes of Renaissance Masters by Janelle Sanchez


One thing I definitely learned from this is project is that I do not have any chance of a future in sculpting! I never thought it was easy but it was a lot harder than I imagined. I used a bar of soap and a knife. I initially tried carving a teddy bear and somehow that started looking more like a boat. So I changed my sculpting to a boat but then that didn't work out too well either. So my final product is a wheel barrow. This experience gives me a new found appreciation for sculpting. Carving out 3 dimensional figures from a solid block is a lot harder than molding something into a figure. While my wheel barrow is in the round, three-dimensional, freestanding, and carved all the way around, I think it is a far cry from "art".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario